Book Review: Scarlet


Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. I really, really enjoyed this book. I mean wow. It. Was. Good. Although I have to admit it was a bit hard to read as I hadn't read Cinder ( the first book in The Lunar Chronicles) so I had to figure out what happened. It felt like, oh, I didn't realise she was a fugitive and how have you never tasted a tomato before (don't worry you'll get the last one if you read the book). So it has a great start. In France, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother has been missing for two weeks and Scarlet is really worrying. So when her detective drops the case, Scarlet takes it into her own hands to find her. The only person who is willing to help is a quiet street-fighter, Wolf, but Scarlet isn't sure if she can trust him. Meanwhile, Cinder is on the run as Queen Levina is determined, after seeing him and Cinder at the ball together, to make the handsome Prince Kai her husband and destroy Cinder once and for all.  

This is one of the best books I've ever read. It really brings the fairy-tales to life. I would recommend this book for girls 14 and up as it has a lot of violence. A really good book.

Comments

Popular Posts